In association with the Town of Bassendean, each year we host the Carols by Candlelight (or “Carols at the Oval”) for the community of Bassendean.
Gates open at 5pm, so come down early to Steel Blue Oval, and enjoy a picnic dinner and some lawn games, before the main event at 7pm.
Thank you to everyone who came down to the Oval to make the 2019 event a great night. We are planning to hold the next Carols at the Oval on Sunday 13th December, 2020.
This is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and pet-free event.
Here’s some more details about the event, to help you plan your evening…
– Gates open at 5pm. We encourage games on the Oval before the Carols program starts at 7pm, so come down early and enjoy!
– You can bring down your own picnic basket, or enjoy food from one of our many food trucks, which will be serving from 5pm onwards. Please remember this is an alcohol-free event.
– Disabled access to the oval is near the Bassendean Youth Services (behind the MacDonald stand).
– Parking is available at the oval, near the Rosetta Gates. The Bassendean SES are helping coordinate this. Street parking also is available near the oval, but please observe signage.
– Battery operated candles are on sale at the Carols, for $2.50.
– Carols song books are available at the Carols for free. You can also download the Carols songbook from our website on the night, at www.bassochurch.org.au
– Seating: There is some chair seating available on the oval. We encourage people to bring picnic blankets and chairs to enjoy the evening.